It is my very great pleasure to welcome you to Broadbent Fold Primary School and Nursery, we can't wait to begin laughing and learning with you all very soon.
I am sure that some of you are a little bit nervous about starting school this year, it is a very big step for you and, because we all need to stay at home at the moment, you might not get the chance to come and look round school and meet your new teachers like you normally would.
Please don't worry though as we are still going to make sure that we give you as much information as we can about us, and learn as much information as we can about you. Your new teachers are working hard at the moment to plan how we can do that.
Remember too, that all your new friends will be in exactly the same boat, so when you do all start school you will all be making friends and learning about each other together.
Whilst you are waiting to start school, there are some things at home that you can be practising with your family - can you practise;
- Putting your shoes and socks on by yourself?
- Getting dressed by yourself?
- Washing your hands thoroughly?
- Eating your lunch with a knife and fork?
- Recognising your name when it is written down?
- Putting your coat on and zipping it up?
- Asking a grown-up for help with something you find tricky? - Please look at the Reception Ready Poster.
If you want to, you can also see our Reception teacher - Mrs Kleban - right now. Scroll further down this page and they are there reading you all a story.
We can't wait to meet you all soon and we know that you're going to love it at our school and we're going to love having you. Until we see you take lots of care and keep smiling!